School Direct - Initial Teacher Training
Did you know …?
● You can train locally in one of our alliance schools
From day one, you are treated as part of a school team, learning alongside excellent teachers and guided by skilled mentors as you progress through the programme growing in skill, knowledge and confidence.
● You will be working alongside expert teachers
You will be based in a home school for two placements with a third interim placement in an alternative setting in another of our excellent partner schools. This programme has been designed to ensure a breadth of experience as well as being a bespoke programme designed, developed and delivered by University lecturers, school based Specialist Leaders of Education alongside skilled teachers and high quality mentors.
● In one year you will be qualified with a PGCE and QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)*
Our programme brings together high quality teacher education pedagogy, the latest research and theory, with enriched classroom experiences that allow you to put theory into practice as you develop into a highly skilled and effective teacher.
* There may be the opportunity to complete this programme over 2 years on a part-time basis (to be considered in interview).
You will need ...
● A UK honours degree (or recognised equivalent)
● GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent) in Science, Maths and English